How can you know if your website is a great site, or exactly what is an excellent website?
A great website is a site that works, if you have developed your site to offer some items, you can say that your site is an excellent site if it does offer products.
* But are you selling as many items as a great website sells, or you are only selling a few items from time to time?
* Are your sales pages excellent enough to consider your website a great website?
* Do you have enough visitors to your site to consider it a great site?
* Do you have sufficient return traffic or all your visitors are first time visitors?
* Do your visitors stay adequate time to consider your website a great website?
* How can you know for sure if your website is a good website?
* What type of questions must you be making to yourself to understand if your website is a good site IF YOUR WEBSITE IS A GOOD WEBSITE, ASK YOURSELF
THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS TO KNOW
* Who cares?
* What are you looking for?
* What type of visitors do you have?
* Which is your concern?
* How should you measure your success?
If the website belongs to a company, then the websites put on it belong to a bachelor, there is not only one individual that can say if you have a good site, so you will need to round up individuals that are vitally interested.
You will discover the techno-geeks, the sales people, the public relations individuals, and so on and so on and everyone of them will have their own idea of what is a great website.
Once again as the site belongs to ALL the company, individuals on your company who care enough to judge the site, need to be asked to sign up with the team and take some responsibility about the design of the website.
WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING FOR?
Each of the people who appreciates the site will have their own concept of what they want from an excellent website. A lot of them will just be talking on behalf of their own departments, however you must force them to think on behalf of the company.
Every department can have their own objectives, aspirations and objectives, every one has his own idea about exactly what is a good site, however they have to believe as a company, and the conclusion needs to satisfy the majority of them, and if you can, you should create a good web page for all of them.
WHAT KIND OF VISITORS DO YOU HAVE?
Every site has first time visitors, returning visitors, curious, buyers, people that got here by error, people that spend a brief time at the site, people that spend a very long time at the site, etc
What sort of visitors do you want, the ones that reveal more frequently, the ones that read the most pages, purchases more stuff, buys more often or invest the most loan?
Which are the most important visitors for your business, to believe that you have an excellent site?
As soon as you get them you can be satisfied that your site is a great website.
WHICH IS YOUR PRIORITY?
As soon as you understand what everyone desires, you will have to prioritize everybody’ s goals.
Will you pursue increasing sees, offering more products per visit, provide more info about the business and it´ s products, improving customer satisfaction.
After a discussion that will depend on how many people is giving their own opinion about what cares most, you´ ll wind up with your very own list of priorities, and the ones that will not be pleased with their request, at leas will know why.
HOW SHOULD YOU MEASURE YOUR SUCCESS?
How can you be sure that the numbers that you are getting are informing you that your website is a great site, It depends …
* If your main top priority is to obtain visitors, then www.Alexa.com and it´ s ranking can help you on that, but you can also use some javacript and or cookies. If your primary objective is revenue then the sales will have the leading voice, *.
If you are going after customer fulfillment then you need to agree with the other members of your company how will you collect complete satisfaction data and how will you weigh it, *.
All the info that you gather need to help you take organisation decisions. It´ s not a matter of getting as much details as you can, due to the fact that too much details can be as bad as inadequate info.
Ensure that you keep determining your success, make it part of a consistent improvement procedure, since the web modifications month after month.
Then you´ ll actually be able to tell if your site is a good website.
Written by Dr. Roberto A. Bonomi