Off2Class | Senior Developer – LAMP/Vue | Full-time Onsite preferred / Remote possible
Off2Class is a Toronto-based SaaS tool for English as a Second Language (ESL) teachers and schools. We combine interactive teacher-led lesson content with the power of a student management system. Thousands of teachers in over 90 countries use Off2Class to teach online, in traditional classrooms, and for face-to-face tutoring.
We have reached profitability, raised external financing and are now looking to add our second senior developer in order to join the development team, working on the next version of our project for further growth.
We require an enthusiastic, result-driven team member who can work independently with little or no supervision. Ideally, the candidate will work at our office in downtown Toronto, Canada, or be based in Istanbul, Turkey in a primarily remote position.
* Assist the development team to conclude the migration process of the site from the WordPress and Custom PHP-based environment to a Laravel + Vue.js-based project
* Write unit tests to automate the testing process of overall functionality
* Supervise junior developers as needed
* Expert level experience with LAMP stack technologies
* 7+ years of development experience
* 3+ years of experience working with PHP + Laravel Framework
* A general knowledge of WordPress + theme development (in order to read and understand the current code of the project before moving it)
* Working knowledge of version control applications (e.g. Git, Gitflow, branching)
* Strong English written and spoken communication skills